- There should be a need for an Instructor Administrator in your geographic area or a need for your specific skills.*¹
- You must have a minimum of 3 years of experience actively teaching as a USPPA instructor.
- You have been the primary instructor*² to a minimum of 50 total students (and issued ratings).
- You have issued a minimum of 15 ratings*3 within the previous 12 months.
- You must commit to giving at least 1 instructor clinic per year that accepts any qualified applicant regardless of brand or school relationship.
- You must be recommended by 1 USPPA instructor Administrator and 1 USPPA instructor.
- You must co-teach an instructor clinic with a current Instructor Administrator.
- Submit an application to the USPPA training committee.
- The USPPA training committee will review each application for final approval*4.
*¹ Is there already an Instructor Administrator in your area? Is there a current need that is not being met? For example, you hope to offer Wheel Launch Instructor training because no one else is offering that in your area. That would be an example of filling a need.
*² Primary instructor means giving at least 90% of all the instruction to each student, including their first solo flight and testing for the PPG2 rating.
*³ Ratings can be USPPA, USHPA, or ratings from an equivalent organization (subject to approval by the training committee).
*4 Approval is not automatic, regardless of meeting the requirements. Read the following section "Are applications automatically approved?" to learn more
In addition to the requirements above, Instructor Administrators are also required to sign a commitment letter. You can see the commitment letter by clicking the link below...