Test your PPG 2 knowledge with this test.
1 / 50
1) Weather in the mountains tends to be:
2 / 50
2) What does number 1 represent (distance between wing tip to wing tip)?
3 / 50
3) The distance from the front of the wing to the back of the wing (represented by #2 in the image) is called?
4 / 50
4) The number 12 is next to a small metal piece. What is this piece called?
5 / 50
5) The number 13 is next to a small pulley. What is this pulley for?
6 / 50
6) Always refer to the pilot manual, but on many reflex gliders pilots should:
7 / 50
7) When landing in in strong turbulence:
8 / 50
8) The risk of spot landings is mostly from:
9 / 50
9) Refer to the Wind Drift image. You're at position A when the motor quits and you want to make the Island. Approximately what heading will you fly?
10 / 50
10) Refer to red D on the Orlando Chart's left side. You...
11 / 50
11) Refer to red number 5 on the Orlando Chart. Launching there you...
12 / 50
12) Refer to red number 4 on the Orlando Chart's bottom. Launching there you...
13 / 50
13) Refer to red number 2 on the Orlando Chart's left side. You...
14 / 50
14) Refer to red number 3 on the Orlando Chart's left side. Which statement is true if you launch there?
15 / 50
15) Wind direction is the direction from which the wind is blowing. For example: If the wind is shown as 270 degrees, this indicates the wind is blowing from the_________.
16 / 50
16) If you are at the beach and the "off-shore" breezes are 6-8 m.p.h. This indicates:
17 / 50
17) Mark all that apply. If the dew point is the same or slightly higher than the air temperature. Which of the following statements is true?
18 / 50
18) What are some ways to suspect a gust front is heading your way? (check all that apply)
19 / 50
19) When the air is very humid, what does that usually mean for us as PPG pilots?
20 / 50
20) You're at the beach of a large body of water. Wind is coming on shore but a mile inland it's blowing opposite (towards the water). Which is true?
21 / 50
21) The billowy, heaped-on looking clouds are:
22 / 50
22) Active flying is defined as:
23 / 50
23) What is the order of actions on a power-off landing:
24 / 50
24) You are launching in light winds. If you start your run, what is likely to happen if you suddenly slow your run mid-launch?
25 / 50
25) You are on final approach and notice that you are drifting to the right. What should you do?
26 / 50
26) You are at 30 feet AGL on final approach. You should...
27 / 50
27) Regarding “weight shift", which statement is the most accurate?
28 / 50
28) Powered paragliders are:
29 / 50
29) In the U.S., regarding E airspace (check all that apply)
30 / 50
30) The minimum visibility for flying in E airspace is:
31 / 50
31) Which statement is True?
32 / 50
32) Which statement is true regarding night flying for paramotors?
33 / 50
33) Can we fly in A, B, C or D airspace? (ATC=Air Traffic Control)
34 / 50
34) Regarding Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), as a PPG pilot you…
35 / 50
35) It is important to check the weather before flying. One of the best sources for this information is...
36 / 50
36) You consistently have problems getting into your seat. What should you do?
37 / 50
37) The front of the glider is called the leading edge; the back of the glider is called the trailing edge. The distance from the leading to trailing edges is called the_______.
38 / 50
38) The tachometer is most useful for:
39 / 50
39) You can start the motor but the kill switch no longer shuts it off. What is the most likely cause?
40 / 50
40) If your prop spins counter-clockwise, as viewed from behind, at high power your BODY:
41 / 50
41) Most gas paramotor engines' crank shaft spins (as seen when looking at the paramotor from the rear) to the
42 / 50
42) If your engine is much louder than normal, you likely have:
43 / 50
43) If you hear a "chirping" sound after you start the engine, you likely have a:
44 / 50
44) You normally fly near sea level but are now launching from a 5000 foot elevation. You…
45 / 50
45) What is the best indicator of wind direction while landing?
46 / 50
46) Where is the safest place to start your engine?
The safest place to start your motor is on your back. If you do start the motor on the ground or on a rack, be sure to secure the prop with a strap.
47 / 50
47) When is the safest time of day to fly? Check all that apply.
48 / 50
48) What is the significance of the PPG2 rating?
49 / 50
49) The default reaction to an unknown twisting or wing malfunction is:
50 / 50
50) The winds are blowing 6-8 m.p.h. from the South. What is the safest direction to fly before returning to the launch site?
Your score is