The Learning Process
The Teaching Process
Final Tips & Resources
What affects human behavior?
Human Behavior can be defined as the actions or reactions a person might take in response to a situation. To keep your students safe, you should strive to understand how people learn and why people behave the way they do.
This knowledge will allow you to create a safe and meaningful learning experience for your students.
Human behavior can be affected by the following:
- Physical factors – age, health, illness, pain, the influence of a substance or medication.
- Personal and emotional factors – personality, expectations, emotions, and mental health.
- Wants and needs. (Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs – next lesson)
- The environment – temperature, light, noise, wind, etc.
- Other people – Instructors, assistants/helpers, and other students.